Well thanks to the efforts of the community and spearheaded by Marnix Wolf, Microsoft has listened and corrected them.
Kevin Holman has a post up that lists the fixes and can be sumariesed as:
- Disabled BPA Rules by default.
- Added appropriate SQL Stored Procedures credentials
- Updated Knowledge for Logical Disks
- Updated Overrides for Logical Disks
- Fixed %Idle time sorting in the utilization report.
Compared to some management packs and the teams that look after them, like the Print Server MP, this is a brilliant example of Microsoft's commitment to SCOM and what can be achieved.
The new updated MP can be downloaded from here.