I've uploaded it this time to the Technet Gallery Beta so the files can be found here:
Asset Items Covered:
- Peripherals (Scanners, Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Monitors, Fax Machines etc)
- Remote Access Tokens (RAS SecurID etc)
- Cisco IPT Phone Hardware
- Mobile Phones (Made up of 2 Assets: Handset & Phone Number)
- Network Infrastructure (Switches, ASA's etc)
- Server Infrastructure (Fibre Switches, UPS, SAN DAE's, Tape Drives etc)
- Computers (Extended views from OOB and additional class extensions)
- Users & Groups (Extended views from OOB
I've included both the sealed MP's in a "Ready to Import" folder than can be imported straight away into Service Manager for testing and the unsealed xml so that you can see how it's all strung together.
Please read the documentation included in the zip file, before blindly importing.
It's been designed around UK Local Government, so won't fit every environment out-of-the-box but should be very easy to adapt.
If you are adapting it, please remember that if the original MP is sealed, then your customised version will need re-sealing. If you do this, you'll also need to re-alter all the public keys used in the references in the other MPs. Short and sweet... reseal ALL the MP's using your own key if you modify it.
If anyone does have any comments, suggestions, etc etc then please please please feed them back to me. The more people that look at it the more likely someone is to spot something I missed/did wrong.
Also, if you do extend it further, please let me know as it could be useful within my environment too.
There's a known issues section at the end of the documentation file in the package, please read that section and see if there's anything you can help with. I'll be enternally greatfull if there is!
** Disclaimers **
This is a slightly modified first release, first seen on my blog, and may very likely still have some issues.
Please test this in a non-live environment first, and don't shout at me if it breaks anything.
This comes with no warranty, expressed or implied.