Changes in this release:
- Consolidation Event Rules have been disabled to prevent the generation of false alerts.
- Operating system architecture detection logic was updated to determine 64-bit operating systems.
- You no longer have to run the SQL Server query to clean up the localizedtext tables as part of the post-installation cleanup
- Scripts that target site database servers now retrieve time values directly from servers running instances of SQL Server instead of site servers to avoid time-zone discrepancies.
- Site hierarchy discovery now succeeds even if a site or component server does not have a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) configured.
- The AlertLevel property can now be overridden, giving you control over the severity level.
- All monitors and rules are now public.
- The "ConfigMgr 2007 Collection Evaluations Tasks" script has been updated to let you monitor a collection that has a NULL StartTime value.The "ConfigMgr 2007 Collection Evaluations Tasks" script now uses CollectionID instead of Collection Name to track collection tasks.
It's also great that all monitors and rules are now public, allowing for greater control with overrides.
Although its not exactly a brand new revolutionary MP, its a start.
It does show two things however:
- Someone at Microsoft is taking note of feedback
- Some changes to MP standards may be on their way
Microsoft have also release an updated Base OS MP to version 6.0.6957.0.
Kevin Holman as always was on hand to write up an excellent post about it so I'm not going to re-invent the wheel, check out his post here:
Biggest changes to the base MP include:
- Adds Cluster Shared Volume discovery and monitoring for free space and availability. This is critical for those Hyper-V clusters on Server 2008 R2.
- Adds a new monitor to execute the Windows Best Practices Analyzer for different discovered installed Roles, and then generate alerts until these are resolved.
- Changes to many built in rules/monitors, to reduce noise, database space and I/O, and increase a positive “out of the box” experience. Also added a few new monitors and rules.
- Changes to the MP Views – removing some old stuff and adding some new
- Addition of some new reports – way cool