* Updated 08/04/14 - Required Update Changes *
Alongside this is also the fact that the same update is applicable for Windows Server 2012 R2.
The update will be available from the 8th April via Windows Update, is currently available for TechNet and MSDN subscribers and available from the 14th April for Volume Licensing customers as integrated media.
Microsoft have stated that this update will become the new service base for Windows 8.1/2012 R2 moving forwards meaning that all new updates after April will require it to be installed first.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2919394 - February Update Rollup http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2928680 - March Update Rollup Malicious Removal Tool (We’ll ignore this one)
Doing some further checks also shows (based on MSDN media) these following updates as offline serviced into the image:
- KB2919442 - March servicing stack update
- KB2919355 - Windows Update April and top level wrap for the following updates
Previously if you ran an update scan before the 8th April (When the April Update went GA on Windows Update) you saw some rollup updates from February and March. This now isn't the case, but there are some further updates along side the April Update.
So now we have:
- KB2928193 - Rules Update for RRAS Best Practice Analyzer
- KB2933809 - General Windows Update (KB not online yet)
- KB2939087 - General Windows Update (KB not online yet)
- KB2919355 - April 2014 Update
Hang on... KB2919355?? This is slightly odd since I deployed this VM using the MSDN media with KB2919355 integrated. Looks like there must have been some last minute changes since going GA.
This doesn't include .Net 3.5 updates which are shown below but need adding after deployment due to .Net not being able to be offline serviced into an image, best done as part of creating your reference image.