Rather than it staying in my drafts I'll post it as is, so this may have changed from beta to RC and again may still do upon RTM.
App-V improvements in Configuration Manager 2012
Just a quick post to show some of the App-V & ConfigMgr 2012 integration improvements coming.
Essentially you still need to sequence the application outside of ConfigMgr using the App-V sequencer, then create an application or deployment type from the sequenced information.
The client requires App-V 4.6 SP1.
- You can unpin the content from the ConfigMgr cache (cache improvements)
- You can specify individual components in the app to publish to clients (publishing improvements)
- No requirement to create virtual packages vs physical packages - just now deployment types in the same application
- All DPs are enabled for streaming by default (was separate config process in ConfigMgr 2007)
- Streaming over the Internet supported